Strategic Planning Process
The plan was developed by a Board committee with support from Cause & Effect, Inc. between October 2019 and March of 2020. It builds on a planning retreat held in August of 2018.
Our process included:
• An online survey of Board members and close constituents.
• Follow up interviews with planning team members.
• Interviews with 23 community members and key informants.
• A visit from Morgan Grefe and Rick Ring from the Rhode Island Historical Society.
• Seven team meetings to develop and finalize this draft plan.
• Formal adoption of the full plan the by PHS Board on April 20, 2020.
Nine PHS Board members served on the Strategic Planning Team
• Anne Northup Burns, President
• Craig Clark, Vice President
• Nancy Crawford, Curator
• Dave Duggan, Building and Grounds Committee Chairperson
• Dave Faucher, Treasurer
• Jim Garman, Immediate Past President, Portsmouth Town Historian
• Gary Gump, Membership Committee, Grants Committee
• Paul Kochis, Corresponding Secretary
• Richard Talipsky, Recording Secretary