June 11, 2020
Subj: Supplemental Historical Society Controls for COVID-19
This provides supplemental information for the attached written Portsmouth Historical Society (PHS) Control Plan required by the State of RI for the Portsmouth Historical Society to operate during Re-Opening RI
The following informs all Board members and volunteers (collectively termed “volunteers” or “employees”) of the requirements set forth in that Control Plan.
Be informed that all volunteers for the Portsmouth Historical Society are considered “employee” for the purposes of the plan.
FACE MASKS AND COVERINGS
• Cloth masks are required as specified in the Plan. If a volunteer cannot provide their own cloth mask, masks will be provided by PHS.
• Face masks must be cleaned or disposed of between use
SOCIAL DISTANCING AND ORGANIZING PERSONNEL
• PHS will reduce the number of personnel in the PHS indoor spaces to the minimum required for each task.
• PHS will adjust meeting, conference and social gathering policies to comply with RIDOH policies.
• Social distancing instructions will be posted throughout the PHS premises.
• Where social distancing is not possible mask will be worn by all volunteers and visitors.
SCREENING PROCEDURES AND STEPS TO MINIMIZE SPREAD
• Insofar as possible, people should work in “teams” od “PODS” to facilitate contact tracing if it becomes necessary.
• To minimize access of COVID-19 positive or symptomatic individuals, people are informed that they should stay home if they are tested positive for have symptoms
• No person should be on the PHS premises if they feel sick of exhibit any COVI-19 symptoms.
• Each volunteer and visitor shall be screened using the COVID-19 Screening Tool. Verbally ask each volunteer or visitors to read the COVID-19 Screening Form. If any of their answers “yes” to any screening form question, ask them to leave the facility and recommend they contact a health care provider.
ACTIONS IN CASE OF A POSITIVE CASE
• Anne Northup Burns is the designated representative of the PHS to work with RIDOH on all COVID-19 matters.
• Upon being informed of a positive case, the PHS intends, and it is the personal requirement of each person, to immediately contact RIDOH at 401-222-8022 of 211 to assist in contact tracing and to provide further instruction.
• Anne N Burns, President and Richard Talipsky, Recording Secretary will be immediately informed by phone and email. They will ensure that the subject person immediately contacts RIDOH for further instruction
• PHS will follow RIDOH actions and cooperate with RIDOH in their subsequent investigation
CLEANING AND DECONTAMINATION
• The PHS bathroom facilities will not be open to the public.
• Volunteers using the bathroom facilities will self-clean the bathroom after each use using the provided sanitizing and cleaning solutions
• Sanitizer will be available for visitors and a volunteer is all authorized occupied spaces.
• A general cleaning and disinfecting will be done on all commonly used surfaces and objects at least once per day when the premises are occupied.