This page will be the repository for all 2019 Strategic Plan Committee Documents
The following people have volunteered to be on the PHS Strategic Planning Committee
The collective e-mail for the group will be PHSStrategy@PortsmouthHistorical.org
Strategic Plan Draft #9 FOR FINAL REVIEW 3-27-20
Follow the below guidelines to provide comments to Jonathan Howard
Hello PHS Strategizers,
I hope you were able to enjoy this beautiful day. At least we still get spring!
As agreed at our last meeting, Anne went through Draft 8 with me to make sure I had captured agreements from that final round. The attached, Draft 9 reflects our joint review. The images are placeholders from photos provided by Gary or captured off the PHS website. If you prefer others, you will need to provide them to me.
We agreed that team members would proofread this draft and offer clarifying questions and suggestions, but not substantial changes before we finalize this for Board consideration. Please make your corrections and comments by next Friday, April 3. Our goal is to have this to the Board by April 10, so the sooner you can respond, the better.
Use the way that works best for you:
- Offer comments to Draft 9 on Google Drive – open in Google Docs and add your comments. Use the plus sign icon in the tool bar to open comments. It would be good to use this, so we can see everyone’s comments in one document.
- You can list your comments in an email or another text document.
- You could call me – 401 215 3426.
- Some PDF readers allow you to make comments and resave the file. Or, you can make changes on the hard copy and send me a scan.
Please be sure that I can always identify who you are and which page number and passage you are talking about.
I’ll corral all your comments and edits the following week. Obvious corrections and improvements will be incorporated in the final draft. If we lack agreement on significant elements, we may need an online meeting to resolve them.
Thanks! And best to all.
Cause & Effect, Inc.
- October 1 , 2019 – 5:15-7 PM – PHS Museum – Kick-off Session (Complete – see notes below)
- October 7, 2019 – 5:30 -7:30 PM – Review of Kick-off Meeting Actions
- October 28, 2019 5:30 – 7:30 PM – PHS Museum – Interview Status Update, action review
- November 22, 2019 3:30- 5:30 – Update
- December 16, 2019 – Interview Update
- January 7, 2-19 = PHS Group only w/o Jon
- January 14, 2019 – Strategy Review (postponed)
- January 13, 2019 – 9 AM at the museum – PHS Group w/o John
- January 30, 2019 – 5 PM at the museum – Strategy Review
Documents for March 11, 2020 Meeting
Notes From Oct 7, 2019 Meeting
Pre Planning Documents from 10-1-19
Planning Meeting 11-22-19
Planning Meeting 1-14-20
- Strategic Plan Draft #2 – 1-3-20 (Review)
Strategic Plan Draft for 2-3-20 Meeting
Other Documents and links of interest
- PHS Member 2015-2019 Survey Data 10-1-19
- PHS Member Survey Question 3 (How Can we Do Better) Responses
- “Know Your Own Bone”. An outstanding site with many videos on cultural organization member motivation.
- 2019 PHS Events List
- Example Mission Statements
- Strategic Plan Draft #2 – 1-3-20
- Jan 2020 Visit by RI Preservation Society
- PHS-Interviews-Summary- updated 1-10-20.pdf
- Christian McBurney
- Tracy Anthony
- Terri Cortvriend
- Ruth Taylor
- Rose Escobar
- Ricky Bogert
- Mogan Grefe
- Rev Mike Pike
- Marylin Brockway
- Marjorie Otoole
- Mark Thayer
- Jacob Begin
- Sen Seveney
- Gary Crosby
- Fred Zilian
- Emily Copelandt
- Elizabeth Lynn
- Deacon John Silvia
- Colleen LeCompte
- Conley Zani