Become a Member
Or Just Contribute
Becoming a Member is easy: Click on the membership form by clicking on the blue membership form below and mailing in your form and payment
Membership Questions? E-mail our Membership Coordinator (PHSMembership@PortsmouthHistorical.org )
OR: Click on the “Add to Cart” button to make an online membership payment via PayPal. (No PayPal account is needed)
Individual membership: $15. / Family membership: $25 / Contributing Member: $50/ Corporate Member: $75 / Patron: $100 )
Select type of membership in the drop-down menu below.
Patrons will be acknowledged on our web site
Although we have a significant number of individual and family memberships that provide us some of the resources to carry out our important work, our businesses and other organizations also play an important part in our ability to carry out our mission.
Please consider having your business or organization provide support to us with a corporate membership. Corporate membership is only $75 and provides following benefits:
- Display of your logo on our web site
- Recognition during our many lectures and other events
- Two complementary individual memberships to the Society
- Special invitations to our events and our Annual Meeting.
Most importantly, your support will help us in our mission to Preserve, Protect, and Promote Portsmouth history. Stewardship of our rich history is the legacy that will provide a lasting impact on our citizens and preserve the unique character of our town.
We gratefully accept other contribution (however small of large) to help us keep preserving Portsmouth history. Please give generously.
Make a check of money order to ” Portsmouth Historical Society, PO Box 834, Portsmouth, RI 02871
Click on the “Donate” button to make an online donation to make a contribution via PayPal and enter your amount. (No PayPal account is needed)
Notifications of Special Events
Invitation to Annual Meeting
Time Traveler’s Membership
Discounts on Portsmouth Historical Society Merchandise (Christmas ornaments, postcards, stationary, etc.)
AND MOST OF ALL – To Know YOU are Helping to Preserve Portsmouth History.
Your Portsmouth Historical Society Membership includes membership in the national Time Traveler’s network.
- Exclusive benefits and privileges at museums and historical sites nationwide
- Free or discounted reciprocal membership for a network for historical museums, sites, and societies throughout the United States.
- Free or discounted admission to over 300 organizations in more than 40 states across the country
- A variety of exclusive benefits and privileges, such as gift shop discounts, and much, much more.
The Missouri History Museum created the Time Travelers program in 1998 so that members of historical institutions could receive exclusive benefits and privileges at museums and historical sites nationwide.
Check out the Time Traveler’s website at http://timetravelers.mohistory.org for a list of sites where this benefit applies.