If you cannot make your assignment, please make your awn arrangements for a substitute. A list of docent phone numbers is posted on a special proprietary docents web page that can be accessed via the Board Only page (requires a password to access) Click Here.
Docent Museum Opening and Closing Guide
Arrival and Set-up
One of the Members with a key will be available to open the museum each Sunday.If, for some reason, the museum is not open when you arrive, please call people on key the list below ** in the order listed.
- Open the doors to the Julia Ward Howe Room, the door to the stairwell, the main entry door on the front of the building (*See footnote below), and, if ventilation is required, open the back/kitchen doors to the outside
- Turn on the following lights
Turn on the lights in the Julia Ward Howe Room
- Switch next to the storage room
- Switch to the left of the stairwell door
- Switch in the stairwell
- Switches at the back of the second-floor hall
- Plug in the display case lights at the 4 receptacles, one at each pole.
- Turn on the TV Monitor by pressing the Red ON Button on the Remote Control (If the Computer is not on, see Computer Display Startup below)
- If it is warm, it may be advisable to open the second-floor hall windows, and turn on the sound system amplifier (Red button) and start the organ music tape (Left Yellow Button).
- Hang the OPEN Flag on the flag holder in the Historical Society Sign.
- Ensure that the American Flag is raised on the Flagpole. (The Board will make sure there is someone available to raise and lower the flag)
- One of the Members with a key will unlock to door to the Schoolhouse and the Town Hall. Turn on the “Mount Hope Bridge” lights in the Town Hall.
- Turn on the lights on the display cabinet with the switch on the wall to the right of the hearse in the Town Hall.
- Remove the threshold base timber from the door of the Town Hall so visitors will not trip.
TO REMOVE SECURITY BAR on Main Front Entry Door:1. Holding bottom of bar on either side of center, slide bar left or right as far as it will go.2. When opposite end falls free of end support bracket, lift other end clear of opposite end bracket and remove bar for temporary storage.3. Stand bar on end and stow in the recess next to the stairway, by the milk can. Close Down
- Turn out the lights in the Schoolhouse and in the Town Hall and ensure the doors are locked **. (replace the threshold base timber at the door of the Town Hall before closing the door)
- Remove the OPEN Sign and ensure that the American Flag is lowered and folded. (The Board will make sure there is someone available to raise and lower the flag and fold it.)
- Close the windows in the second-floor hall, turn off the lights with the 2 switches by the doorway, and turn off the sound system amplifier.
- Turn off the Stairwell Lights.
- Turn off the light in the Julia Ward Howe Room and leave the room door open for air circulation.
- Close and latch the outer & inner front doors (securely) and install the interior security bar (*See Footnote below), the door to the stairwell, and the back/kitchen doors if opened,
- Unplug the plugs to the display case lights
Turn the lights off to the lower floor (next to stairwell door and storage room door).
- Ensure one of the members with keys is present to lock the main museum door and set the alarm. (if you close the main museum door and the red light goes ON (on the wall inside the door) that means that all the alarm contacts are closed).
TO INSTALL SECURITY BAR on Main Front Entry Door:1. Holding bar either side of center on bottom, and below center brackets, slide one end into left or right bracket until it stops.2. Lift opposite end of bar into opposite end bracket to engage central brackets.3. Holding bar level up against central brackets, center the bar by sliding slightly either left or right until small brass screw head is opposite center slot of the doors.
COMPUTER DISPLAY STARTUP
To Start up the TV Display and Computer
- Turn on the TV Monitor ( Red ON key on the remote or the manual button on the lower left corner of the TV
- If the computer is not on, press the ON button ( top middle of the keyboard)
- There is not password – just press RETURN at the login screen
- Click on any slide and press “Slide Show” and the Slide Show Should start
To Shutdown the TV Display
- Press the RED button on the remote to turn off the TV (or press the manual button on the lower left of the TV)
- LEAVE THE COMPUTER ON
- DO NOT UNPLUG THE COMPUTER FROM THE POWER STRIP AND LEAVE THE POWER STRIP PLUGGED IN TO THE RECPTACLE
** Members with Keys
- Jim Garman (847-1191)
- Mike Paglierani (683-7197, 297-7295)
- Rich Talipsky (683-1446 (h), 714-8534 (c))
- Doug Smith (683-1518, 261-6024)
- Gloria Schmidt (824-6885(c), (683-0787)(h))
|Docent Assignments 2018|